When to Wear White: Whenever You Want
The old-school rule that you can only wear white pants after Memorial Day and before Labor Day is OUT! So go get your white jeans or crisp, white dress pants and start wearing them now. White pants tend to scare a lot of people—me included. I recently bought a pair of white skinny jeans that I love, but I’m so nervous to wear them. You have to worry about spills, sitting on anything dirty and washing them in general. But then my friend gave me a genius idea that put me at ease: an emergency white-pants kit.
Here’s my emergency white-pants kit:
- Shout Wipes, perfect for quickly cleaning spills.
- Clorox Bleach Pen Gel, for bleaching away stains (just make sure that your jeans are pure white).
- Tide to Go, another tool for quickly cleaning stains, even grease. This works for fabrics of all colors!
- Kleenex tissues, for wiping off seats before sitting down.
- A blanket (optional, if you plan to be outdoors).
With this kit on hand and the ancient wearing-white time frame out the window, I’ll be reaching for my white pants a lot more often! How about you? Do you have a fashion-emergency kit that you carry in your purse? What’s in it? Share with us in the comments.
Rachel Pella, CM Blog writer
Photography by Maria Castellon
© 2016 Clothes Mentor, LLC. No reuse of photos or text without linking back to the original post or crediting Clothes Mentor.
See more from the CM Blog by clicking on the topics below